National Rehabilitation Centre
Drug and alcohol misuse and their complications, including addiction, seriously affect all aspects of human life leading to detrimental consequences on individuals, their families and the whole society.
The United Arab Emirates witnessed remarkable prosperity over the past 30 years turning into a modern state in record time under the leadership of the late President, His Highness Shaikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and became a multicultural society.
Unfortunately the prevalence of drugs and alcohol increased as a consequence of this rapid change despite vigorous efforts by the government to tackle the problem.
The need for a specialized service to treat and rehabilitate those who suffer from substance misuse was realized by the government.
After consulting the best treatment centres in the world specializing in addiction treatment, the N.R.C. was launched in May 2002. It continues to receive the support and attention of the President, His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince, General Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and His Highness Shaikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The National Rehabilitation Centre continues to provide the best available treatment for substance misuse disorders.
A leading Centre in addicion prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
The NRC provides outstanding prevention, treatment and rehabilitation services in the addiction field to meet the needs of all sectors of the community while respecting cultural values
the NRC will realize its mission by:
- Developing and improving scientific prevention programs based on an understanding of the causes of addiction for all age groups.
- Providing and facilitating comprehensive and specialized treatment programs.
- Collaborating with public and private sector partners to enhance awareness , uphold substance related legislation and offer rehabilitation programs.
- Building national capacity in the field of addiction and leveraging international best practices.
- Reducing the economic and social burden of addiction disease.
Working Team at the NRC
- Community Service.
Treatment, rehabilitation, nursing, and laboratory services are provided by a specialized, internationally experienced multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, and other therapists.
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Additional services are also available outside working hours to meet patients’ emerging needs.
Toll Free: 8002252
Tel: (+971-2) 446-7777
Fax: (+971-2) 446-6660
P.O. Box: 55001
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates